1. Understand the sources and fates of amino acids.
2. List the essential and non-essential amino acids.
3. Recall how we get amino acids.
4. Understand the aminotransferase and phenylalanine hydroxylase reactions.
5. Differentiate glucogenic and ketogenic amino acids.
6. Identify different products made from amino acids.
7. Recognize diseases caused by lesions in amino acid metabolism pathways.
8. Identify the steps of the urea cycle.
9. Explain why one-carbon groups need special treatment.
10. Recall that THF derives from the vitamin folic acid.
11. Recall that cobalamin derives from the vitamin B12.